Monday, August 30, 2010

Who Knew?

I'm faced with a decision tonight that is difficult.   My life has changed so much in the past four months since I began my Insanity journey.  Who knew a different type of workout would so dramatically change my life?

I have always known that my main purpose in life is be a motivator to others.  Whatever platform I'm given or presented with in life, I know it will be the avenue that leads me to be a positive role model to inspire others to start their own journey to a healthier lifestyle.

Running is and always has been my love.  The weather is finally starting to cool down a bit and Saturday morning's training run was nothing shy of a spiritual renewal for me.  It's the most gratifying and pleasurable time I have with nature.  It gives me peace, brings some clarity to my thoughts and solidifies my passion for being healthy.

Four months ago, I was introduced to Insanity for some reason.  I was skeptical and resistant, but curious.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and gave it a try.  That comfort zone allowed myself to drink 600 calories worth of 'crap' in my coffee every morning and gave me permission to be average.

Now, I'm on my second round of Insanity, I have control of my diet, I've lost 10 pounds, I've dropped a size in my pants, I've taken two inches off my waist and I've become a faster runner.  Who knew what a home workout DVD would do to change my life?

On a whim, I pitched my idea to our local Fox station to do a consumer report about Insanity.  Who knew they would take me up on the idea? Now that television segment about Insanity is posted everywhere online, including the blog of Beachbody CEO, Carl Daikeler.  Who knew?

Tonight I'm faced with a decision.  I just found out Tony Horton of P90X / Beachbody fame will be in Dallas for a day long seminar on September 18th.  That is the same day a 20K race that I love to run in Dallas.  Sometimes the hardest decisions are what lead us to our true purpose in life.  I want to run that race, but my heart is telling me to attend the seminar.

What do you do when faced with a difficult decision? Do you go with your heart?  Do you take a leap of faith?  Do you play it safe?  I think I know what I need to do.  I don't even think I need to sleep on this one.

10 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow, how exciting! I will have to check it out! I know what you mean about these decisions, and I always just try to follow my gut. Something seems to be telling you to go to the seminar, and you can't get that back.

Yeah for you!

Lori Hollis said...

Shawn T (very, very hot Shawn T) is coming to Denver in October for an Insanity workout session. I can't wait! Tony Horton would be amazing to see in person!

kari-elin said...

Cool! It sounds clear that you'll follow your instinct to the seminar. You can simply plan to rock your fave race next year!

Anonymous said...

How cool! You have to go with that feeling that "knows"! If you've got that feeling, you don't even have a decision to make! :)
I'm so impressed with you! Can't wait to hear how things work out!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda... Follow your "Heart", always follow what your heart is telling you. This is going to open a lot of opportunities for you! Go for it! :) ~Take Care!

Liz said...

my gut. i always go with my gut.

Ellen@FirednFabulous said...

I've been wanting to try Insanity and you've totally convinced me! I just need to save for it, but I know it will be worth it. How many times a week do you do it! And as far as the big decision goes, I say FOLLOW YOUR HEART. You can't lose if you do that. My gut feeling is saying to attend the seminar, too! Good luck :)

www.thecadefamily.blogspot.com said...

I'm an instinct girl. If something is eating at me, consuming my thoughts, or pushing me out of my comfort zone, I feel it's for a reason and go with it.

You can always do a 20k.

jillconyers said...

Trust your instincts. Especially if those instincts are telling you to go to the seminar :)

I'm getting more and more excited (and anxious) to start the P90X at the end of Sept right after my marathon. Almost too excited to wait!

cathy said...

Follow your heart and take a leap of faith!!! (And let me know how the seminar goes!)

;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails