Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Morning After Club

I found this recipe in the latest edition of O Magazine and just had to try!  The best part is that it can be the perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I have to say, my mouth watered when I saw this recipe and it didn't disappoint.  I had one of those eyes closed, shoulders shrugged, face smiling moments with every bite.  It's a perfect combination of quality carbs, protein and fat. 

Tonight's recipe:  Almond Butter and Bacon Sandwich

Thinly sliced whole grain bread
2 Tbsp. natural almond butter
1 tart apple, cut into thin strips
4 slices bacon (I prefer turkey bacon)



Toast bread; spread 1 Tbsp. almond butter on each slice of bread.  Lay apple over almond butter.   Top each with 2 slices of crisp bacon.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle of sea salt if desired.  (I didn't desire).

Assemble sandwich by stacking toast, with a plain slice in the middle to form a classic double-layer club.


I'm a huge fan!  Half a sandwich (using 1 1/2 slices of bread and turkey bacon) is about 540 calories.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Ms. Understood said...

I cut my sandwiches diagonally too. Separately everything looks delicious, but I can't imagine eating it as a sandwich. I love apples, but for some reason they make me feel sick in my stomach after eating them. I told a friend about almond butter since almost are lower fat than peanuts (right??) and keep your hunger at bay, but I've never even tried it myself. Got to buy a jar.

mdforkids said...

Oh yes, that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing:)

jillconyers said...

I love almond butter, apples and turkey bacon but I have to admit this is a combination I never would have thought of. I'll give it a try.

Lula Lula said...

You're getting in bunches of protein here! I bet this does keep you satisfied!

DB said...

That looks disgusting. Apples, really?

Ms. Understood said...

Hey Rhonda. I gave you two blog awards on my "How Often Do You Do It" post. Grab it when you get a chance.

marciferous said...

Holy moly, this sounds delicious - must try!

Related Posts with Thumbnails