Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In Retrospect

There is nothing more powerful for me than accomplishing a goal.  Something about putting my desires to paper spurs this charge to action for me.  It's about shifting the power of my subconscious thoughts into my conscious mind.

With this tool, I was able to run the race of my life in December, I'm moving towards my goal of celebrating my 10-year anniversary in Hawaii and best of all, I'm getting closer each day to fulfilling my ultimate goal of staying home full-time to be that mom I've always be to be for my son.

My brother is a huge source of motivation and support for me.  We live thousands miles apart, but we talk daily and bounce ideas off of one another mostly through emails throughout the day.  His incredible fitness transformation was the catalyst for getting me started on my own fitness journey this past year.

I love digging up old emails to get a retrospective snapshot of my life.  I want to know that I'm always making strides and progress in the right direction.  I didn't realize my brother had been saving a lot of my thoughts to share with me.

Today he dug up this email I wrote the day I started my blog.  I remember him asking me to write down my goals.  This was not even one year ago, yet this concept seemed so foreign to me.  But I trusted him and I did it.  He convinced me start doing Insanity to begin working towards my new life.  I knew going through the physical process would lead me to the path that I am ultimately meant to travel.


How validating to read this less than one year later and realize that I'm truly fulfilling my life's purpose.  Write those goals down and make a plan to make it happen.  It works!

2 comments:

getbusyliving said...

Great post sis!!

Tracy said...

Wonderful post, thanks again for all of the inspiration! Keep going your doing great! ~Take Care....

Related Posts with Thumbnails