Sunday, March 27, 2011

Be Consistent

In order to get better, we must practice.  Practice forms habits and habits allow us to be consistent. 

You've made up your mind that you're ready to get healthy!  You've got a plan and now you must follow through with that plan.  There is nothing about what you do that needs to be elaborate, unachievable or difficult to overcome.  In order for your plan to work, all you need to do is to show up. 

If you want to run a half marathon, you must train for several weeks.  Day after day, you run.  You might follow a specific training schedule or simply just run on certain days.  You must align your goals with the work that you are willing to do.  Any unbalance and you may waiver.  Killing yourself with one run during week rather than having specific training days will not get you to your goal.  Consistency will.

If you want to be a better writer, you write daily.  If you want to have a better marriage, you express your love often.  If you want your children to form good habits, you show them even better habits....consistently. 

When you write out a plan, your odds for success increase dramatically.  You visually see what needs to be done and you can have the satisfaction of physically checking off what you have accomplished each day.  You'll develop a pattern.  A consistent pattern. 

Day after day, week after you week, you show up.  You do the work, you drop the old bad habits and develop new, healthier habits.  You begin to see a change.  Your results are motivating and you've changed who you are.

Consistency.  Be consistent.  Results are inevitable when you show up.

Yesterday I ran a 10K.  I placed first in my age group division.  I never would have dreamed five years ago I could accomplish that.  There is nothing special about me.  I don't have any advantage over any women in my age group.  I have just been consistent.  I never waiver.  My health is my priority.  Make it yours!


3 comments:

Tracy said...

Well written! Writing it down and actually doing it is the key! Thanks for the great reminder and kick in the pants :-) I needed that this morning! Congrats on the win too :-) ~ Take Care!

jillconyers said...

Congratulations Rhonda!

Anonymous said...

Wow congratulations on this accomplishment. To place 1st in your age group is no small feat! I am trying on a constant and daily basis to change my stripes. I grew up with not the best food habits and so now I have my work cut out for me. I love finding inspirational blogs like this one here to help keep my going down the right path.

My best, Lynn

Related Posts with Thumbnails