Monday, July 26, 2010

Getting Back to What I Know

I've been reading A LOT of blogs lately and quite honestly, it gives me so much anxiety.  So many women have fantastic blogs with all really cool gadgets, widgets, blog designs and links.  On top of that, they are fantastic and witty writers, not to mention pretty awesome photographers.

The more and more stress and pressure I have been feeling while perusing, the more I realized that I need to get back to the basics of what I know best.  I love being fit.  I love inspiring people to be healthy.  I LOVE  to make a difference in people's lives in the best way I know how.

I started with a definitive workout plan for myself.  If I'm going to talk that talk, this mama needs to walk that walk!   My running schedule is a constant.  Four days a week.  Okay, I'm supposed to run five, but I've done this marathon training enough that four days just works better for me, my knees and my sanity.  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday training runs at home and a long training run with my running group on Saturday morning is my plan.

I finally broke down yesterday and bought a Garmin GPS running watch.  I really can't explain how excited I am to use it and I can't believe I've waited five years to make an impulse buy.  This watch does everything short of giving me a post-run massage.  It's like a mini laptop on my wrist. It tracks my calories burned, heart rate, my pace, it beeps to let me know I've run another mile and stores all the information so I can download to my computer.  Hmmm....I wonder if I can program this thing to update my Facebook status?

Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate MonitorYes, it's an older model, but I've read really great reviews about this one and I didn't feel like spending a small fortune on the latest model when this one will do the trick.  My running motivation is at an all time high time with my newest little toy!

Next, I'm so happy to report I've nailed down my modified Round 2 Insanity schedule.  I'll be extending the nine week schedule into 13 weeks.  Instead of six workouts a week, I'll do four.  This means just one day of a double workout and still having Fridays completely for rest!  

It feels good to start fresh and to begin the next phase of my goal.  This morning it was back to the dreaded Plyometric workout - Month One style.  Still...hard...as...ever!

I function by setting personal goals and taking it day by day.  Each day is a process.  Each day is progress.  I'll be charting my results and journaling my diet.  It's what works for me. 

Taking care of me is what I do best.  I just know how to do it.  I might need a little help with html or adding the latest features to my blog, but what I do know is that I will always back up my written word with actions.  If all these fabulous women can teach me to be a better blogger, I know I can motivate you to be a better you!

4 comments:

DB said...

Great entry. I love "each day is a process and each day is a progress!"

jillconyers said...

First, you will love the Gramin. I've had it for a few years but when I bought it I chose the older version as well. I never run without it.

I enjoy your blog and everything you share.

Every run, no matter what the pace, I tell myself each day is progress :)

cathy said...

The best thing about your blog is that your words do convey your passion about health and fitness. You are genuine, and that's what we love!

Rhonda said...

Gosh! You guys make me feel so special! Thanks for stopping by and most of all for your kind thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails