Friday, June 4, 2010

Yum!

I've forgotten how great breakfast for dinner can be!  What is better than turkey bacon with scrambled egg beaters and whole grain waffles?  If your answer is "NOTHING", you are so on board the Insanity train.  If it's "that is not what I call breakfast", then let's talk.  We have some work to do!
turkey bacon

+ whole grain waffles
+ egg beater scrambled eggs = DELISH!


I'm finding that my favorite meals are anything that involves a breakfast-type feel. Still LOVE my Meal 2 Oatmeal with Protein.  It's become a daily 10:00 a.m. staple.  I also tried chocolate soy milk in my smoothie this week.  Result was as expected.  YUMMY!

I often get asked how hard is it to plan my daily meals and the answer is quite simple.  This is not hard and once you get used to it, it easily and instantly becomes second nature.  Instead of just stuffing my face with chips and salsa, my mind usually goes on auto-pilot when it comes to my meal planning.  A simple combination of carbs and proteins and good fat.  In fact, with a little prep and organization, this is easier.  I don't need to run out at lunch in the 105 degree Texas heat.  I don' have to worry about hidden calories and most importantly, I don't have to worry if it's healthy.

I still love my ROGR Berry Smoothie.  I'm diggin some soy nut butter on a tortilla sprinkled with cinnamon.  A toasted English muffin with a hard-boiled egg and hummus is simply fab. Mixing albacore tuna with spicy salsa with rice chips is a beyond satisfying lunch, while mixing raw almonds with Barbara's Shredded Oats is the perfect afternoon combo.

But nothing satisfies more than a hearty, yet low-cal, breakfast for dinner!

Stay healthy!  Stay motivated!

INSANITY UPDATE:  So back about a month ago I talked about a local new station doing a consumer report on Insanity using me as the product tester.  Well, it's still going to happen!  Month 2 starts tomorrow and the the crew is coming to my house Monday morning to shoot some video!  How exciting!  I don't know any other details yet, but I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails