Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This Sh*t is Bananas!

As if the 5:20 a.m. wake up call wasn't bad enough for my son this morning, we did our first Pure Cardio Insanity DVD.  This video does not have the recoveries we've become accustomed to and this morning was particularly brutal for Keelan.  He is coming into this with a very small cardio base and therefore he took hurling in the bathroom like a champ.  That kid threw up, came back, shook it out and continued.  That is what I call EFFORT.  I'm so proud of him.

The worst part for me are those ridiculous power jumps.  I feel like a hippo trying to hurdle a pebble.  This is definitely my biggest weakness which can only mean it's what I need to work on the most.  It's a given that at the end of the workout, I'll lie panting on the ground for a few seconds until I catch my breath.  As if he could sense what we were feeling, Shaun T shouted, "THIS SH*T IS BANANAS!"  I couldn't have said it better myself. 

The food diary is coming along and it's getting easier as each day progresses.  My new favorite mid-morning snack is GoLean Oatmeal with protein powder.  Seriously, this is well....beyond.  It's so good and I almost cried when I warmed it up a bit to long and I lost about a tablespoon of it due to overflow.  I swear I'd lick the bowl clean if I wasn't at work!

Tomorrow is plyometric cardio circuit which can only mean hell for me.  Hopefully I'll learn to love this workout because that sh*t is bananas!

2 comments:

accountclosure said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! it IS bananas! It's so great to give something your all. The rewards are IMMENSE when you go after something with such ferocity. Keep pushing and digging deeper. Believe it or not, after Month 2, you will find Pure Cardio to be fairly easy :) Keep up the great work! Glad to hear that Keelan is hanging in there as well!

Rhonda said...

Now the anticipation of Month 2 is killing me!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails