Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Super Heroes

My son Jackson has an obsession with Star Wars.  It's no surprise he's my husband's child, but I often question if he really came from my womb.  All my boys love Sci-Fi.  They pretty much live and breathe it.  Again, not sure how I fit into this little equation they call my family.  Our house is filled with light sabers, storm trooper legos and a host of super hero action figures. 

Not long ago, I discovered an eerie quietness in our house.  As I approached Jackson's room, I found him drawing these four action figures and things suddenly started to make sense and I started to see how fit into the puzzle of our life. 




I realized that not only does my son think of me as an extremely...er..beautiful Wonder Woman.  He thinks I have special powers!  I'm his hero!  I have to admit, he's right. 
Each day I get out of bed and I put on my red boots and I put my special powers to work, trying to save one life after another.  I fight battles daily.  It can be grueling and discouraging, often disheartening.  But then, I realize I inspired someone today or helped someone else set a goal and that fuels my drive to enlighten and encourage more people through my special power of motivation.

In order to use the power on others, I absolutely have to lead by example.  Insanity is not easy, but what source of impact would have on others if I breezed though it.  And think of how many lives I can touch with hands that HUGE! ;)

Stay motivated!  Stay strong!

INSANITY UPDATE:  Attached is the last two intervals of my plyometric cardio circuit workout.  My form starts to break down and I start slow significantly, but I never quit!  Keelan is keeping up with his Insanity and staying strong.  Our schedules don't always allow up to workout together, but he's doing his thing and I'm REALLY proud.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails