Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mental Preparation

Have you ever watched someone do something and it seems so easy when you're lying on the couch?  Almost effortless.  You get that cockiness and the "how hard can that be?" attitude.

With the anticipation of Month 2 eating away at my patience, I decided to have a little sneak peak of the Max Interval Circuit Insanity DVD.  After some encouragement from reader Lisa, it looks disgusting, her comment couldn't have described Month 2 any better. With that kind of evaluation, I just had to take a look.

I knew it was going to be a little longer and perhaps the intensity would pick up a little more.  After all, I mean, could it really get any harder?  The answer is just not "yes".  It's a big, fat, holy crap "HELL YEAH IT CAN!"  How hard can it REALLY be?  A resounding, "EXTREMELY!"

My heart rate elevated just watching it.  Although I think it was more from the adrenaline rush or 'ohmygod' factor rather than the watching the actual heart-pounding workout.  It also didn't help when the most cut guy in the whole video kept stopping and had this perpetual, "I'm going to die" look on his face the entire 60 minutes.

Okay, the difference?  I only got through the Max Interval Circuit - that was quite enough. I'll save the rest for my actual workout.
  1. Longer - workouts increase from 40 minutes to 60 minutes.
  2. Intensity - higher - it makes Month 1 look like I'm playing patticake.
  3. Intervals - they go from about 6 sets to about 10 or 11, but I'm thinking it really won't even matter by number 8.
What I did like is that despite some not so great editing, is that the participants in the videos are dying.  It's not fake.  You have to do the work and it's NOT EASY! What scared me is when the last shot was fired and the white flag of surrender was raised, EVERYONE, including Shaun T was lying on the ground, beaten to a pulp, with the exception of some crazy break dancer who did a back spin after it was over nearly taking out the girl next to him.  (sorry, I digress...it was quite funny).

I love this girl from the Insanity video.  She reminds me a lot of myself.  She came in a little too confident, but put in the work and has had amazing results!  Looking forward to the next month of this insane workout that is so appropriately named, "INSANITY"!  I can't wait for even more results!



I'm staying strong. I'm staying motivated. Are you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails