Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Did It!

Back in August, I set a goal.  Today I accomplished it!  I learned that qualifying for the Boston Marathon is so much greater than just running.  In fact, accomplishing this isn't even about me.  It's about purpose.  I know that I have a greater purpose in my life and with today's successful 3:42 marathon finish, I am certain that I will lead so many people to not only dream, but to make those dreams a reality!


I am living proof that if you really want something bad enough, you dedicate yourself and you do the work, all things are possible.  Today I am a Boston Qualifier because I committed to a plan.  I believed in myself and most importantly, I never once doubted I could do it. 

Thanks for allowing me to take some time from my normal writing to make a video diary of my week.  It's been fun, interesting and most of all, incredibly fulfilling and rewarding!

My last vlog...for now!

12 comments:

Booyah's Momma said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You would have been a winner either way in my book... but I also knew you could do it!

And the fact that you qualified? Almost makes your Cowboys win today over my beloved Colts a little more bearable. Almost.

Mrs. K said...

Wow! Congratulations. Yay, I'm so happy for you. BTW I did my INSANity fit test today. I will keep you updated :)

Amy said...

Yay Rhonda! I knew you could do it! I am so proud and amazed at your determination. Also, the videos of Dallas made me homesick!

Michael said...

WOW. Just WoW.

I am so excited for you and inspired. I will keep trying until I get there. I tell you what - Those hill at 21 are hell on earth!

fitnstitchin said...

Way to Go Rhonda! I am crying tears of happiness for you right now! Your little boy was so sweet holding up that sign.... Just wonderful! Congratulations.....

lisaslovlies said...

I am so proud of your accomplishment Rhonda! Congratulations!

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

Congratulations! That's really something to be proud of!

Lori: Extreme Results In Fitness and Life said...

Congratulations Rhonda!! My husband and I just calculated that you averaged 8 1/2 minute miles. AMAZING!!! So proud of you! It brought tears to my eyes.
Lori

Poppy said...

Awesome job!! Loved the video. Especially when my 3 year old said "that's you mom" and pointed to the screen. I was completely flattered. We may have similar similar coloring and running outfits, but I have never managed to run a marathon without wanting to die and vowing to never sign up for another one. But I always do.

Congratulations and can't wait to watch you tackle Heartbreak Hill.

Mrs. K said...

By the way I gave you a blog award. Stop by to get it when you get a chance :)

Sherri said...

Whoo-Hoo, Rhonda!! I was so psyched that you did it, although I knew you would....

Very cool.

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S! You did it with minutes to spare. The video was a joy to watch. your hair looks awesome btw. I love the sign your son was holding and hearing your hubs cheering you on just made me well up with emotion.

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails